Little Land was named a best place to work in Austin in 2018! This position will be responsible for assisting with the management of the flagship location of the Little Land system; join our team as our assistant store manager to create a positive environment for our team and our customers.
This position is integral to the daily operations of our facility, and growth opportunities within our company are available. This position will require work during varied hours throughout the week and some weekends. The ability to communicate with owners and staff is critical. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains positive and enthusiastic communication and work driven skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Focus
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Vendor Relationships
- Market Knowledge
- Results Driven
- Strategic Planning
- Management Proficiency
- Client Relationships
- Verbal Communication
- Numerical skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organizational skills
- Commercial awareness